So many people that are in network marketing have the wrong idea of how the law of attraction works. Not only do they believe that all they have to do is sit down on their couch and that everything they want will appear they also have an entitlement mentality they believe that if someone truly cares that they will just give and they are more than willing to just take. If you want to learn How to Network Market you have to learn the art of give and take. I am sure you have had it happen to you before the guy or gal that sends you an email telling you that if you really cared about people you would not charge for your services. That you are a hypocrite because you take peoples money for helping them. I got to say even though I don’t recall ever being the type of person that has acted it that manner I have been the person that believed that you needed to give everything for free. But that is the subject of another article. Today I want to explore how to be a giver and a taker.
- If you constantly believe that others should give out of the kindness of their heart and you feel that they should help you for free you are a taker.If you feel that people should comment on your post just because it is a great post you are a taker.
- If you feel that just because you post something on facebook offering the “greatest business opportunity in the world” thinking that you are giving -you are really a taker.
- If you go to someones post and give a fake email name and phone number just to get someones training for free -you are a taker.
How to be a Giver
A giver is not someone that necessarily gives everything for free. A giver understands that it is not beneficial to someone without expecting an exchange of some sort. Actually giving to someone without them giving back will violate one of our ingrained reactions. In the book Influence by Robert Cialdini he writes about Reciprocity. One of the interesting stories is about the Hare Krishna at the airport. People use to hate to take the roses they were offering because as much as they did not want to they felt compeled to donate and when they didn’t they felt guilty.
- A giver is someone that when they are giving or even selling they understand that they are providing more value than they are receiving.
- A giver bothers to learn what their target market needs and fulfills that need to the best of his ability. Again not someone that just plasters their opportunity on facebook and thinks because their business is the best one in the world that they are giving.
- A giver would be someone that takes the time to comment. Like Ryan Biddulph ( “Home Based Success”) he gives by taking the time to just comment on peoples blogs.
- A giver could just be someone that gives smiles or positive vibes to people, someone that uplifts rather than dump on others all the time. Someone that listens rather than talk. Not that they can’t talk or find counsel in someone they trust. Because a giver knows how to receive as well.
We all give and take, some of us are out of balance. Some people give to much and resent it, so even tough it appears they are giving spiritually they are taking. Some people are takers and they don’t understand why they are not getting ahead. Yet others have learned to live in balance.
There are different areas of our lives as well so you might be a giver at work but at home you are a taker and it is affecting your relationship. The important thing is to identyfy where you are a giver, where you are a taker. Are you in balance? Sometimes when establishing a relationship you end up giving alot more than receiving but this should only be temporary. Who in your life whether it is in business or in relationship is a giver or a taker? You might want to identify and get rid of those people that are takers in your life or busness. Hope that I gave you some good information today. If you would like to reciprocate just LIKE my facebook page and we can call it even. LOL. You will find that I like to give more than take. Have a blessed day!