Quiz: Are you a Network Marketing Pro?
Are you a Network Marketing Pro? A Pro or a professional in this sense of the word is someone that engages in a chosen profession. Someone that decided to follow a calling that requires specialized knowledge and many times intensive training. According to Websters it can even take the form of someone that is participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs.
Most people in the network marketing industry are amateurs, hobbyist that believe and delude themselves into thinking they are in business. Don’t get me wrong I am not putting anyone down, it just that 97% of the people in our profession are failing. The reason they are failing is not because the industry is not a viable industry. The industry is flourishing more now than ever.
Over the last couple of years I have been trying to figure out what makers those that succeed and those that fail in network marketing different. Mainly because I was one of those that was struggling. Why do some people make it and others don’t? The main thing that I discovered is that it comes down to some simple basics. They decided to become network marketing pros. How professional are you in your network marketing business?
Rate each one: 0- Never do it 1- Seldom do it 2- Occasionally do 3-Do Often but not consistently
4- Do all the time/ have mastered it.
- _____Treat your business like a business- How many professionals do you know that do their profession as a hobby? Most Networkers that struggle treat their business as a hobby. Have you learned you companies business plan in and out? Do you know the language of communication in the industry? Not the company jargon that your prospects don’t understand, but the communication skills you need to relate to your prospects.
- _____Be Proud of what you do- professionals are clear in why they do what they do. A pro took an oath to a calling. If you don’t like the Network Marketing Business get out.
- _____Find your teachers- Unlike a profession like Lawyers or Doctors. There are no set colleges or university to teach you Network Marketing. There are no official internships. It is up to you to educate yourself. You don’t have an official guidance counselor. The best way to get your education is to go to live events. Find someone that is doing and living the way you would like and follow their lead. That might even be your sponsor it can definitely be someone in your up line. Do you have a mentor or a coach that can lead you to where you want to go?
- ______Continuing education and re-licensing are required.- As a professional you are never done learning you are always studying. Do you go to live events on a regular basis?
- ______Find your way to connect- Everyone can figure out a way to connect. Your way to connect should fit with your personality. It should fit with who you are. If you don’t want to approach your friends and family- don’t. Find another source of leads. But know that without leads you don’t have a business.
- ______Grow your business to full time- full time income I should say. Because the whole point of network marketing is to have better control of your time and money. That is the main attraction to Network Marketing- the lifestyle.
- ______Take responsibility- As a professional you are dedicating yourself to be the best in what ever you chose. As a Network Marketing pro not only have you committed to responsibility in yourself but to those that bought into you. To your team. You must succeed so that others can succeed. Don’t accept mediocrity because of your fears and hangups.
1-14- This is your chance to go from amateur to professional, use what you have learned to go to the next level. 14-20- Step it up, take your business more seriously. 21-27 – You are doing great just focus on consistency.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!