Network Marketing Curriculum for the Pro
This article is for those people that really want to make money at Network Marketing. Don’t fool yourself! To make any real money at network marketing, you need to become a pro. To become a pro at network marketing, you need a certain basic skill set. The good thing is that it is a learned skill set. So lets see what your curriculum should look like. A note of caution: Don’t use this as an excuse to spend all your time learning and organizing and not building your business. All these skills are “hands on” skills. They are best learned by doing- not by reading, listening or philosophizing. So get out there and do it! I will try to put the list in order of importance. Just keep in mind that the skills are like juggling. Each skill is not isolated by itself. They all work together.
1. Motivation- The first skill you need to learn is self motivation. Without this skill, your business will not even get started! Re-programing your subconscious is the number one skill in this subject. NLP has done a great job of detailing what you can do to change your subconscious mindset. Some great textbooks for this subject are: Awaken the Giant Within, and Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins, and The Greatest Salesman in the World and Success University by Og Mandino
2. Marketing and Lead Generation- this is the next skill even before basic business skills like accounting and office management. Because with out possibilities there will be no business. As you start in your studies you realize that the very successful in Network Marketing usually excel at just one maybe two marketing methods. Maybe it is Internets based like pay per click, article marketing , social media or blogging. Maybe it is person to person like cold calling, warm market or just meeting people at the mall. The important thing is to realize that you just need to pick one or maybe two. Start using it to generate leads. When you get to 10 to 50 leads a week depending on the method then you can specialize in the next lead generation method. When I first started in my lead generation specialty I found myself overwhelmed trying to accomplish everything. It is impossible.
A must have textbook for this is Mike Dillard’s Magnetic Sponsoring. A 30 dollar book that could change the course of your business, it has changed mine. It also has created a whole movement within the Network Marketing Industry. With Magnetic Sponsoring in your possession the next program you should check out is My Lead System Pro. They have a Wednesday weekly hour class that is all about generating leads for your business. Check out the next free class here.
3. Lead Conversion-Just because you generate leads it does not mean that you can convert those leads into distributors. Your next step after learning how to generate leads is to learn how to turn those prospects into distributors. This can be automated, but the final process is going to include interpersonal skills and relationship building. David Wood’s Perpetual Funnel System is the text book class for this. I am just going trough this course and it is awesome.
4. Presentation- Presentation skills is part of your lead conversion but it deserves a whole section on it’s own. We have a saying in network marketing – the person that holds the marker makes the money. You need to become a professional presenter. I don’t mean that you need to be the best presenter in the world knowing all the advance technique. This is more of an internship skill. You watch people doing it, then you jump in and do it yourself. These days it is wise to learn how to do webinars which are just seminars done over the internet. Learn your plan, ask your up line for a script. Scripted or outline is the first step then you will take the next step and make it your own the important thing is that you get out there and do it you will never be a professional unless you get out there. Mark Hoverson’s Irresistible Blueprint.
4. Basic business skills- Surprisingly this could be very simple but you need to implement some basic systems for accounting. This is such a basic skill for any business that they are regular college classes for this. I don’t believe you need to go through that but asking your accountant for some advise I think would suffice.
5. Team management- Team work makes the dream work. Team management is the skill that will liberate you and make you the residual income. This is a skill that does not need to be learned immediately because initially your team will be just you. It’s hard to build a team with just one person. You need to develop leads convert them. Once you do that and begin to build a team then you want to manage that team. Many people make the mistake of either micro managing their team or try to control their distributors. Neither of these approaches will lead to ultimate time freedom. You need to learn this very important skill in order to automate your business and truly get a residual income. I know people that are making very good money as network marketing pros but they are tied to there business because they have not learned how to effectively manage their team. Mark Hoverson’s Irresistible Blue Print is a great program for this purpose.
Check me out on Facebook and look for My Lead Generation for Beginners Program coming soon!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!