Thursday, June 30th, 2011 at 7:04 pm
This is a pretty exiting topic for me. It’s funny, the reason I started studying communication is because I am pretty introverted myself. Being introverted for me makes it difficult to initiate conversations. Some major speakers are introverts, on stage they are on fire, but of stage they are pretty quiet. It is not that we are shy we just don’t have anything to say.
I don’t claim to be an expert in communication by any sense of the word. I am just someone that has become a self study in effective powerful communication that gets results. I have learned from NLP, sales, and even hypnosis. With that said here are my two cents-
Once you have interrupted and met someone (which I spoke about in a previous article). Then you need to open their imagination and engage them. These are 7 tips that will help improve your communication:
- Speak to peoples hearts or gut not their brain or intellect. This is the difference between features and benefits. The features of this article are the points I am making but imagine yourself being able to implement any one of these features in your next conversation with someone and being able to make a true lasting difference in their lives those are the benefits. When speaking to someone figure out how what you are saying is going to be able to make a difference in that persons life. How will it change their future.
- Develop rapport by being truly interested in the other person. Don’t just yes people to the point of boredom. Many times I find people are just listening to someone just to find a break in the conversation where they can speak. Active listening just takes a small effort but it produces large rewards. Sometimes by reflecting and expanding what the person just said you can create incredible bonds. Notice I did not say parroting back. Reflecting and expanding, finding out how that particular situation made them feel or what they did next. There are many people just dying to be heard and they don’t even know it.
- Take their personality into account. Try to match their personality. Sometimes your personalities clash. If you want to take the time to forge a relationship with that person then you need to blend with their personality. I won’t go into a long discussion about Aikido but suffice it to say that you need to blend with the energies. Therefore:
- When introducing anything match their perception of the world. You match with gestures, plain observable truths such as the ski is blue, voice tempo and tonality, etc. Then lead them to the desired destination.
- Become a student of Human Nature and Psychology
- Be congruent in your speech the words you say, and how you say.
- Practice- Just like any skill it requires constant practice. Make it into a game, use the techniques with fun and see the reactions. Learn to have fun with it because if you don’t it will never work for you.
One day I will take the time and expand on this subject. Things such as language patterns. Man you can really have fun with these even if it is all in your head. Again, have fun many of the people that I know that are great at communication find it allot of fun. If you want the basics of communication one of the best resources is a classic How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, if you want the more advanced information NLP has allot of information on this and like I said before hypnosis classes or even books are great.
I wrote this article for those in network marketing that would like to increase their Communication Skills. Communication is critical once you have developed your leads. The days of being able to sponsor someone remotely and not talk to them are gone. Now in order to build a lasting MLM or Network Marketing Business you need to learn how to communicate. If you are ready to be inspired and work with a team that will take you and your business to the next level click —–>>HERE<—– now
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 at 2:42 pm
Oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC) also known as Proanthocyanidin, procyanidin, leukocyanidin, leucoanthocyanin is a class of flavanol. OPCs were discovered in 1948 by Jack Masquelier.
Proanthocyanidins have been sold as nutritional and therapeutic supplements in Europe since the 1980s. Proanthocyanidins are the main vascular compound in red wine which is linked to a reduced risk of coronary heart disease and to lower overall mortality. Proanthocyanidins are present at higher concentrations in wines from areas of southwestern France and Sardinia which are associated with increased longevity in the population.
A patented extract of apples and maritime pine bark called Pycnogenol bears 65-75 percent proanthocyanidins (procyanidins).Thus a 100mg serving would contain 65 to 75mg of proanthocyanidins (procyanidins). Studies show that proanthocyanidins antioxidant capabilities are 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times more potent than Vitamin E. So, to focus a little more on the Pycnogenol, which Is what the bulk of the studies have focused on:
- have been shown to optimize the production of nitric acid in the artery walls so as to relax them and allow greater blood flow and reduced pressure.
- has been found to normalize platelet aggregation so as to facilitate normal blood flow. Dr. Steven Lamb in his book the “Hardness Factor” even recommends it as an addition to men’s sexual health.
- have antioxidant activity and they play a role in the stabilization of collagen and maintenance of elastin — two critical proteins in connective tissue that support organs, joints, blood vessels, and muscle.
- possibly because of their effects on blood vessels, proanthocyanidins have been reported in double-blind research to reduce the duration of edema after face-lift surgery from 15.9 to 11.5 days.
- Proanthocyanidins found in French maritime pine bark and grape seed extract work directly to help strengthen all the blood vessels and improve the delivery of oxygen to the cells.
- Proanthocyanidins also have an affinity for cell membranes, providing nutritional support to reduce capillary permeability and fragility, giving support to the idea that it can help reduce the progression of diabetic retinopathy.
- OPCs may help protect against the effects of internal and environmental stresses such as cigarette smoking and pollution, as well as supporting normal body metabolic processes.
- The effects may include depressing blood fat, lowering blood pressure, preventing blood vessel scleroses, dropping blood viscosity and preventing thrombosis formation.
- Studies have shown that OPCs may prevent cardiovascular disease by counteracting the negative effects of high cholesterol on the heart and blood vessels.
- Pycnogenol has also been shown to help normalize blood glucose (sugar) levels, and delay sugar absorption.
So over all, OPC’s have shown themselves to be a great addition to mostly anyone’s health regimen. So where do you get them from? Although I believe in getting most of your nutrients from whole foods, in this case I find that the best source is a supplement made with pycnogenols. It is very important to make the distinction here because there are a lot of products on the market claiming to have OPC’s (and I don’t doubt they do), but most of the studies have been done on pycnogenols which are a special patented extraction of maritime pine bark. My favorite formulation is one that is delivered in a powdered, “isotonic” form. AN isotonic formula, when properly mixed with specific amount of water, ensures a more rapid absorption into the small intestines where most of the nutrient is absorbed. Isotonix OPC-3 has show itself to be one of the most popular formulations out in the market today with many copycats. Isotonix OPC-3 is the only isotonic capable Pycnogenol in the market to date. The only contra indications that I have come across are if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (obvious) or you have some type of fructose malabsorbtion.
My recommendations for dosages are 1mg for every pound of weight that is what the studies seem to be using and it works.
Obviously the usual disclaimer applies here- if you plan on taking any supplement consult with your physician this is general knowledge and not meant to be advise for any one individual.
This quick OPC overview was written specifically for people trying to find out more about Market America, OPC and looking into the company’s products. Sadly, most Market America distributors will never see the success they desire because they lack the marketing skills to generate sufficient leads to build their business. To learn how you can generate more leads than you can get to, fill out your, name, address and phone number to the right and get instant access to top training.