Thursday, January 5th, 2012 at
You probably already know what a vision board is but I thought I would give you some insights from personal experience. It is funny a couple of years my wife and I made a vision board together and it was not long before we started accomplishing our goals. It was like magic. But I have also seen beautiful vision boards with written goal statements and action plans. The people show them and cry with joy as they recount how great it will feel to accomplish all their goals and then nothing. Why? Because they never changed. Vision boards are great they give you something to change towards, action plans are vital they give you direction and steps to take. That said I wanted to give you an awesome way to be able to organize your dreams and for most of us the first step in materialize our inner thoughts. So with this is mind I recently came across a great web site called Pinterest.com it is a virtual pin board that allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things that you can dream about. You can get inspirations from others and plan your future. If you are interested check me out here
Caution: Pinterest can be addictive and waste time. So my goal here is to show you a place where you can find ideas and images of what you already have in your dreams, places to go, things to learn, your dream home or car. Use it as a tool rather than a place to hang out. A place to get your imagination pumping.
Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 at
Wouldn’t be amazing if you could change your whole life this year? I have not been around my blog for a while. In order to hit the ground running you had to have started planning in October. Mainly because you want to train your mind to a new reality. That is exactly what I was doing. I was preparing my new marketing funnel for this year. It is ready and active. As the year goes I will make many changes but it was good to get it going for this year. You probably know if you decided to do a new years resolution and you did not plan it 3 month ago that your are behind the eight ball. Still that is not a reason to give up. The trick is not to do what ninety percent of the people that make new years resolutions do. Nothing!! I want to take you through a process that has been changing my life over the past few month.
Over the last 15 years I have been fascinated with the psychology of change. Mainly because I believe in the ability of anyone to be able to do anything they want to do. Especially as it pertains to wealth and abundance. The human mind is an incredible programmable machine. Unlike physical skills I believe mental skills for the most part are reproducible by anyone as long as you know what to do. Over the next couple of weeks I want to go over a way of being able to get anything you want, and changing your life.
One of my favorite questions to ask people that I work with is – If you continue doing the same thing that you are doing right now for the next year where will you be? Most people although they know that doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity they just find themselves stuck. In order to change you need to reprogram yourself. Most people struggle all their lives an can’t seem to find out why. The main reason is because they have not reprogrammed their mind to easily and effortlessly accomplish what they conscious mind desires. We all struggle whether it is financially, in relationships or physical. What most people don’t realize is that the reason is subconscious.
So how can you change. 7 Steps to change
- Consciously decide what you want- the whole thing at issue here is that your conscious and subconscious desires are not the same. But many of us have not even defined what we really want. So your first step is to define what you want and what you do not want.
- Make a vision board – Although building a vision board on it’s own is useless. It will do something very important which is to allow you to become alert to new possibilities around you. If you clearly identify what you want and you get it. Does it really matter if you get it the way you planned or if you get it. By creating a vision board you open your mind up to new possibilities. You begin to see the new possibilities all around you.
- Make a plan of action- No matter how much you wish or hope for unless you take action. I mean consistent action you will not accomplish your goals. Your vision board becomes a dream board and your conscious wants become wishes.
- Find the pain and pleasure- You need to know what the consequences to what you want mean to you. Are you willing to pay the price necessary for your goals?
- Find your blockages- As hard as it is you should take steps to anticipate problems and how you will overcome those problems. This could be as easy as telling yourself that you will continue no matter what come your way. That whether you like it or not you will do what needs to be done in order to reach your goals. I will give you a perfect example. I just finished creating my very first internet video marketing campaign. The day I was done my brain went into a self sabotaging mode. I started to doubt all the work that has taken me the last three month to do. It would e easy for me to not market it. The video is to long, the page is not enticing enough, I look ridiculous- these where all thoughts running trough my head. Granted the system needs work but guess what it is never going to be perfect. So instead of deluding myself into thinking that this was all conscious decisions I went back and started trying what unconscious beliefs are trying to stop me,
- Find the beliefs that you need to support you- So instead of just laying down and taking what the subconscious is doing I decided to fight. But you need to understand that a fight between you subconscious and conscious mind as we try to define them. Is an awful unfair fight your subconscious mind is like Anderson Silva while your concision mind is like Erkel. Your conscious will always lose. The only way to have your conscious mind win is to have awareness. When you are aware you can learn to reprogram your subconscious mind and bring it in alignment with your goals. One way to do that is by
- Implementing a plan of passive and active programing- I personally use my subliminal tapes along with my workouts.